Your Character is the main protagonist in Edge of Extinction. You play and experience the story through him/her.
In a premium choice, you can establish that you were either a doctor or a police officer before the Collapse.
You get to choose between two versions, one male and one female, and thereby choose his/her appearance. However, both versions have brown hair, brown eyes, and a fair complexion. Sometime in Episode 5, his/her hair is shown to be longer and if you choose to play as a male, he is shown to have more facial hair as well, indicating some time has passed. His beard and hair will be even longer in the final episodes.
Throughout the series, s/he predominately wears a black button-up sleeveless jacket over a faded white sweatshirt (the female also wears a long white pendant on a gold chain, while the male wears a brown watch on his left wrist), a pair of dark grey trousers and mid-brown boots.
His/her other outfits are either:
- A blue snow coat with light brown fur trim, over a black high-neck sweater, dark grey trousers, brown gloves, brown boots, and a black rucksack. (Basic Gear)
- A dark grey and orange snow coat with white fur trim, over a grey high-neck sweater, light grey trousers, black gloves, black boots, a black beanie, snow goggles, a rope, and various pouches and a satchel for storage. (Survivalist Gear: 12💎)
- A chocolate brown leather jacket, over a white t-shirt that's partly tucked into her trousers, a pair of dark denim trousers, black boots and a purple scarf, wrapped over a dusky pink scarf. (Spring Gear: 25💎)
You decide key elements in his/her personality through in-game choices and actions. Your choices will decide some aspects of his/her personality but in general, s/he is resourceful and seems cautious to a degree.
- Episode 1
- Episode 2
- Episode 3
- Episode 4
- Episode 5
- Episode 6
- Episode 7
- Episode 8
- Episode 9
- Episode 10
- Episode 11
The husky is your first and most loyal companion. She protects you in moments of danger.
Your relationship with Grace varies depending on your choices. In general, you can support her leadership or criticize her for putting herself in charge of the other survivors.
Your relationship with David varies depending on your choices. He is potentially the first of the Tromstad survivors that you meet. Grace later sends you, David, and Louis on a mission, during which you are caught in a blizzard and Louis is killed. David blames himself for Louis' death, and you can either agree or comfort him.
Joseph is one of your love interests, although your relationship with him varies depending on your choices. After Louis' death, you have the opportunity to comfort him and/or repair the organ with him in Louis' memory. You can later start dating him. If you romance him and take the premium scene in Episode 10, he will propose to you and it's up to you to accept or not. If you accept, Grace will officiate. In Episode 11, it is up to your choices if he survives.
Anna is one of your love interests, although your relationship with her varies depending on your choices. She confides in you about difficulties in her marriage to Pavel.
Your Character helps her deliver her son but whether she dies or not, varies depending on your choices. She will survive if you saved Stig, if you studied together with Joseph, or if you put her life above the baby's.
- This is the first Storyscape character whose gender can be chosen by the player.
- Due to the game shutting down before the release of Ageless, this is also the only one whose gender could be chosen.
- Partially through Episode 5, your character's hair is shown to be longer, indicating some time has passed in the story. If you chose to play as a male, s/he is shown to have more facial hair as well. By the end of the show, the male MC has a full grown beard, unlike the other male characters who survive until the end of the show.
- This is the first (and only) Main Character in the entire app to have the possibility of dying at the end of the show.
- If you choose to sacrifice your character to save Joseph, s/he will jump in front of him, be hit by the bullet meant for Joseph, and die. The sacrifice then leads to Joseph being forgiven and finding the cure. It is then stated that the story of his/her noble sacrifice to save man who rescued humanity will be passed on from one generation to the next, keeping his/her memory alive.