Edge of Extinction is a Sci-Fi/Survival show written by Mass Effect and NY Times bestselling author Drew Karpyshyn. It is also the first Limited Series.
Survival. Courage. Redemption. Edge of Extinction will have you facing the end of the world as we know it. What are you willing to do to survive?
A mysterious sickness has pushed humanity to the edge of extinction. Alone in the frozen wasteland, you begin a perilous journey in search of fellow survivors in this gripping tale of courage and redemption.
Traversing vast distances in an empty world, you contend against isolation and exhaustion to find signs of life. But if there are humans left, are they friend or foe?
You have found people and sanctuary, but your attempt to join the fold is jeopardized when a reconnaissance mission becomes a brutal battle against nature.
When the band's fragility is laid bare during a routine supply run, Grace and Joseph hatch a plan that may secure the group's future.
As you help your allies prepare for a treacherous journey, signs of a stranger in Tromstad come to light.
The group begins to fray at the seams when a dangerous encounter threatens everything you've built.
The confrontation with the Hermit looms. Your loyal companion is missing. Whatever happens next, the fallout will change the group forever.
At long last, Mari is ready to give birth. But if all goes wrong, what should be a moment of celebration could end in tragedy.
It's a thousand kilometers to Spitsbergen Island, where the Seed Vault awaits. Land was dangerous enough; how will you survive a voyage across the ocean?
The journey nears its end, but new challenges await on Spitsbergen Island. And what will you find in the Seed Vault?
The seeds of a new civilization have begun to grow. But the past cannot be forgotten...
See the Edge of Extinction characters here.
See the Edge of Extinction walkthrough here.
You can listen to the original soundtrack of the show here
- On November 5, 2019, FogBanks released a blog post teasing some details about the show.
- The show is centered around survival and making allies.
- The show will let you decide who your character is and make them their own.
- You can die.
- This is the first show to be a Limited Series, meaning it will not be renewed for another Season.
- On November 6, 2019, the writer of the show, Drew Karpyshyn, confirmed that the player will be able to pick the gender of the main protagonist, making this the second show after Ageless (but the first one to be released) to give the players this option.
- On November 13, 2019, it was announced via an in-app message that the show will premier Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
- On November 15, 2019, Storyscape's tweeted out a thread of Fun Facts about some shows, including Edge of Extinction. In the tweet, the developer mentions that our "Dog friend will have 8 unique expressions!"
- On November 19, 2019, Storyscape tweeted a series of artworks showing various settings in the world of the show.
- On the day of launch, players discovered when playing Episode 1 that there was a bug related to purchasing premium choices & outfits. Players couldn't purchase them and this led them to encounter an error message or a crash when trying. Moments later, the episode was taken down and FogBanks replied by promising to look into the issue and fix it as soon as possible.
- Thankfully, the issue was resolved hours later and the Episode was available again.
- The note you find in Episode 1 shows that this story takes place in the year 2023.
- On December 25, 2019, wallpapers for this show were released.
- A blog post about Edge of Extinction was released after its completion.
- ↑ https://www.storyscape.com/en/blog/sneak-peek-edge-of-extinction
- ↑ https://twitter.com/DrewKarpyshyn/status/1191893936694059009
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Storyscape_Game/status/1195476800094126080
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Storyscape_Game/status/1196850760258146309
- ↑ https://twitter.com/eveninfall/status/1196853894799876104
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Storyscape_Game/status/1209934359383486469
- ↑ https://www.storyscape.com/en/blog/behind-the-scenes-color-and-other-visual-symbols-in-edge-of-extinction